Forumotion Hub
Hello and welcome to Forumotion Hub! You're either not registered or logged in. Please do so in order to be able to join in with our awesome discussions and to disable adverts!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forumotion Hub
Hello and welcome to Forumotion Hub! You're either not registered or logged in. Please do so in order to be able to join in with our awesome discussions and to disable adverts!
Forumotion Hub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forumotion Hub

The official hub of Forumotion users! A very relaxed forum, dedicated to having lots of fun!

Welcome to Forumotion Hub! Enjoy your stay here!
Did you know that this forum was made on the last day of 2011?
Base is your supreme overlord on this forum, you will bow down to him!
Don't be shy to join in with our discussions, everyone is welcome!
You can now follow us on Twitter @Basixation

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Base?
Merge forums in the 'General' forum EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 2:37 pm by Ange Tuteur

» General Nonsense Thread
Merge forums in the 'General' forum EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 4:31 pm by Ange Tuteur

» Anime?
Merge forums in the 'General' forum EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 10:26 pm by Ange Tuteur

» December 2014 - The Future and Xmas
Merge forums in the 'General' forum EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 8:27 am by Dazation

» This or that?
Merge forums in the 'General' forum EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 11:57 am by Ange Tuteur

» Count to 2020 before 2020
Merge forums in the 'General' forum EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 11:50 am by Ange Tuteur

» What's your time?
Merge forums in the 'General' forum EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 11:45 am by Ange Tuteur

» Count to 2015 before 2015
Merge forums in the 'General' forum EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 11:43 am by Ange Tuteur

» Do you have any disabilities?
Merge forums in the 'General' forum EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 4:32 pm by Ange Tuteur

Statistics
We have 64 registered users
The newest registered user is bryangr50

Our users have posted a total of 3641 messages in 218 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 256 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:28 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

What do you think?

Merge forums in the 'General' forum I_vote_lcap100%Merge forums in the 'General' forum I_vote_rcap 100% [ 6 ]
Merge forums in the 'General' forum I_vote_lcap0%Merge forums in the 'General' forum I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Merge forums in the 'General' forum Empty Merge forums in the 'General' forum Sat May 05, 2012 5:53 am

Jophy

Jophy
FMHubster
FMHubster
Hi guys!

I think it's a better idea if you'll be merging the other forums in the 'Discussions' category (Anime & Manga, Computers & Internet, Gaming, and story writing) to the 'General' forum since they are also classified as General Discussions Razz

Positive side:
-> Makes the index shorter(for me that looks more better)
-> Will hide the inactivity of some forums(example: story writing and anime & manga forums are inactive in most cases)
-> It will make the index look more active by reducing the amount of inactive forums shown in the index(forums with less posts) and will pack up the posts made by those forums with the posts made on the 'General' forum by making this forum as a subforum of it since they belong in the same category(General Discussions).

Negative side:
-> Guests won't be able to notice it if they will not search around

What 'ya guys think?

2Merge forums in the 'General' forum Empty Re: Merge forums in the 'General' forum Sat May 05, 2012 9:29 am

Base

Base
Supreme Overlord of the Forum
I like having a long index, makes it look like there is a lot of forums available for discussion. However, your point about activity is fair.

I am tempted to remove the Storytelling section since no one uses it. Any other thoughts?

http://www.forumotionhub.com/

3Merge forums in the 'General' forum Empty Re: Merge forums in the 'General' forum Sat May 05, 2012 10:34 am

Jophy

Jophy
FMHubster
FMHubster
Maybe you can create a forum named 'Other Discussions'. But you can leave it as it is as this is just my opinion Wink

4Merge forums in the 'General' forum Empty Re: Merge forums in the 'General' forum Sat May 05, 2012 10:58 am

Base

Base
Haha well I'll wait to see what the others have to say about this. Smile

5Merge forums in the 'General' forum Empty Re: Merge forums in the 'General' forum Sat May 05, 2012 3:46 pm

Coddy

Coddy
FMHubster
FMHubster
Heh, I like how Base arranged the forum and categories as now is, even if your idea is interesting. Very Happy

http://lforum.forum2x2.net/

6Merge forums in the 'General' forum Empty Re: Merge forums in the 'General' forum Sat May 05, 2012 9:12 pm

Sir Chivas

Sir Chivas
FMHubster
FMHubster
I actually, agree with Jophy. Since, in my opinion long scrolling boards seems to be quite boring. Then, there will be a lot of activity going on only in just several Sections. Since, he mentioned this:
Will hide the inactivity of some forums(example: story writing and anime & manga forums are inactive in most cases)

So in overall, I'll be voting yes. Wink

7Merge forums in the 'General' forum Empty Re: Merge forums in the 'General' forum Sat May 05, 2012 11:18 pm

Shanna

Shanna
FMHubster
FMHubster
I've voted yes as I pretty much agree with what Jophy said. Apart from the minimal forum look, I am more comfortable joining a forum that looks as though it has a lot going on.

Base, I agree with your temptation. It's what I'd do on my own forum, if no-ones using it, it's an empty forum just sat there.

8Merge forums in the 'General' forum Empty Re: Merge forums in the 'General' forum Sun May 06, 2012 8:08 am

Jophy

Jophy
FMHubster
FMHubster
Thank you for voting Wink

9Merge forums in the 'General' forum Empty Re: Merge forums in the 'General' forum Mon May 07, 2012 12:15 pm

Dazation

Dazation
FMHubster
FMHubster
Why not make them sub forums and hide sub forums from the index?
or add a minimize button for the categories instead..?

10Merge forums in the 'General' forum Empty Re: Merge forums in the 'General' forum Mon May 07, 2012 5:52 pm

Base

Base
Hmm, no to sub forums.

I am tempted to just remove the storytelling and anime & manga section entirely and move the posts into the general section.

Categories are already collapsible by clicking on the bar. Smile

11Merge forums in the 'General' forum Empty Re: Merge forums in the 'General' forum Wed May 09, 2012 4:37 pm

Jophy

Jophy
FMHubster
FMHubster
Cool Razz

I am tempted to just remove the storytelling and anime & manga section entirely and move the posts into the general section.
That would be better for me I guess Smile

12Merge forums in the 'General' forum Empty Re: Merge forums in the 'General' forum Thu May 10, 2012 4:34 pm

Base

Base
I have come to a decision!

The storytelling and anime & manga section will be removed. All posts will be moved to the general section. Smile

13Merge forums in the 'General' forum Empty Re: Merge forums in the 'General' forum Thu May 10, 2012 11:21 pm

Sir Chivas

Sir Chivas
FMHubster
FMHubster
Alright then. Wink

14Merge forums in the 'General' forum Empty Re: Merge forums in the 'General' forum Fri May 11, 2012 1:52 pm

Coddy

Coddy
FMHubster
FMHubster
Thank you for your suggestion, Jophy. Smile

Base came to a decision about this. So, I will lock this topic.

http://lforum.forum2x2.net/

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum